Showing all 2 results
Discover unique ecosystems and species across the UK and Ireland; from the rolling English countryside and awe-inspiring Highlands of Scotland to spectacular coastlines and ancient forest and woodlands.
Author: Kath Strathers, Foreword by Simon King
Combining stunning photography and expert knowledge, the reader is encouraged to get out and see first-hand the wilder side of Britain, whilst raising awareness about conservation and how they can help protect our precious natural heritage.
Broken down into regional areas, each section includes:
• An Introduction about its unique natural heritage
• Activities e.g. wildlife walks, conservation initiatives, volunteer projects, historical sites, family-friendly days out
• Box outs with key countryside highlights e.g. the Coastal path in Pembrokeshire National Park
• Wildlife highlights and seasonal advice on the area
• Stunning local photography
This easy to navigate guide encompasses the breadth and diversity of our island and will appeal to nature lovers both home and abroad.
2010 edition of Wildlife Walks comes with a complete redesign, making it even more easy to use and refer to. Covering over 500 of the Wildlife Trusts’ reserves throughout the UK, with details of what wildlife you can see, seasonal advice and over 400 original maps, illustrations and photographs, Wildlife Walks is an essential handbook for a great family day out.