Is this course for me?
This is an ideal course for beginners who want to learn about correct and safe use of an Austrian scythe
When and where?
Tuesday 26 June 2018 – 10am to 4pm
Please arrive 10 minutes before the course is due to start
We will be meeting at St Cross Farm, Winchester, some parking may be available in the field or at Five Bridges Road Winchester.
What do I need to bring?
- Clothing appropriate for the weather on the day, as most of the training will be spent outdoors.
- Strong comfortable footwear, suitable for walking through fields.
- Cut resistant gloves will be provided
- All equipment will be provided, but you can bring any kind of scythe for comparison if you have one.
- Please bring your own refreshments a packed lunch.
Chris Riley’s background is in nature reserve management, and in leading groups of conservation volunteers. When continental scythes became more easily available, he wanted to do more to further the potential of this efficient and enjoyable tool. He now demonstrates and instructs scything, mainly around the Wessex region, and retails scythe equipment, and is active in developing the Scythe Association of Britain and Ireland. www.pratensis.net