Owl Pellets for Adults
TBC – 5:30pm – 7pm
This course provides fascinating look at the diet of owls just for adults, why should the kids have all the fun?
Investigate the contents of barn owl pellets and learn how to identify what you find inside. Owl pellets are parcels or fur and bones, ejected by an owl after a meal. They provide fascinating clues about what owls have been feeding on in a particular area.
On the Owl Pellets for Adults course you will:
• How to dissect a barn owl pellet using simple equipment
• How to identify the small mammal (and possibly other) bones found inside using keys and other information
• Health and safety and legalities surrounding the collecting of pellets.
The evening will start with a short presentation and the emphasis will be on having a go at dissecting owl pellets and identifying the animal parts inside.
Out of stock
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for beginners and no prior knowledge is required.
When and where?
TBA8 – 5:30pm – 7pm
Please arrive 10 minutes before the course is due to start
Swanwick Lakes, Sopwith Way, Swanwick, SO31 7AY
The reserve is located just off Swanwick Lane in Swanwick, about 2 miles from Bursledon and 7 miles from Fareham. We are easily accessible from the surrounding urban areas of Southampton, Gosport and Portsmouth.
What do I need to bring?
- If you wear glasses, please bring them as the bones we find are very small.
- For health and safety reasons, food and drink should not be consumed during the course. Handwashing facilities are available.
Due to staff holidays you may experience a delay in your order being processed. Dismiss