Is this course for me?
No previous marine knowledge or skills required, just enthusiasm for our local seas. You will need to be able to walk for more than 2.5 hours and spend some time crouching.
When and where?
Sunday 26 March 2017 – 10am – 5:30pm
Please arrive 10 minutes before the course is due to start
We will be meeting at:
Lepe Country Park Classroom.
Lepe Point conservation and education area,
Lepe Country Park,
Parking charges apply: All day: £6
What do I need to bring?
- Money for the car park and should you wish to purchase ID guides which will be on sale.
- A packed lunch or additional money for the on-site café.
- Suitable footwear (ideally wellies – walking boots may be damaged by sea water if not washed afterwards).
- Waterproof and layered clothing.
- Pen/ pencil and notebook for note-taking.
There will be tea and coffee provided donations for this will be gratefully received.
Tim Ferrero – Strategy Lead for Marine Advocacy
Jenny Mallinson –Visiting Researcher, National Oceanography Centre
Owain Masters – Secrets of Solent Community Engagement Officer